Q: My 1988 Nissan Pulsar NX has new battery and starter but won't start easily, if at all, unless jumped.

Stop driving like it was running out of gas until it finally shut off. And now it won't start unless jumped. It has a new starter and a new battery and once I get it started it stays on for about 3 to 5 minutes after disconnected from the jumper cables and then it won't even click or turn over

It sounds like your charging system isn’t working. When you put a new battery in the car, the car will work for a few hours of driving until the battery voltage drops below a certain point. (usually around 10 volts) The alternator’s job is to recharge the battery after you use the starter, and then maintain the battery voltage while you drive. If you contact Your Mechanic, you can have a technician come to your home or office to check out the charging system on your Pulsar and recommend a fix.

3. My 1988 Nissan Pulsar NX has new battery and starter but won't start easily, if at all, unless jumped.