Q: Car stalling when idling

asked by on February 10, 2016

My vehicle is leaking fuel near the front and wants to stall when my car is idling. The Check Engine light comes on and the engine shakes and hesitates while driving. I changed the spark plugs, fuel filter, O2 sensor, pigtail harness, and replaced the hose between the air filter and engine.

The fuel leak needs to be identified and fixed before you drive it due to the fire hazard. The other problems can be checked after the fuel leak is fixed. The fuel leak may be the whole issue or the engine may have other issues like oil leaking from the valve cover into the spark plug holes shorting out the spark plugs. I recommend having a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect your fuel leak issue.