Q: Bad vibration when accelerating.

asked by on June 15, 2017

Car has bad vibration when accelerating. Checked drive shaft and U bolts. Put on car jacks and while in drive, all wheels rotate for about 15 secs, then the front driver side wheel slows down and stops. While watching tire, could see it trying to engage. Did have that bearing replaced not to long ago. Don't see anything not hooked up. What could be causing the vibration and why would the one tire disengage?

This could be a result of the brake caliper sticking. A few different things can make the brakes stick or lock up. The master cylinder may be causing this if it has not been properly bled. If you loosen the lines to the master cylinder and they free up, this is where your problem stems from. In other cases, the problem may be in the brake lines cause the pressure to continue to maintain in the caliper resulting in them sticking as well. Try cracking the bleeder valve to see if this frees them up. If this does not free them up, you may have a caliper that could have a damaged piston that may be causing them to stick. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your braking system.