Q: My 2009 GMC Sierra is making a clunking noise in the rear end. It happens when the truck is in Drive, but while I am applying the

There is a clunking noise in the rear end of the vehicle when I turn the wheel either direction. The noise is the worst when the truck is in park, with the brakes applied.

It is possible that you could have a loose leaf spring shackle causing this noise. If the truck does not have leaf springs on the axle does possible that it has an arm that acts as a control arm that could have a bad bushing. I would recommend having the rear axle inspected by a qualified professional to determine the exact cause of this issue. Consider YourMechanic as this can be done at your house or job.

3. My 2009 GMC Sierra is making a clunking noise in the rear end. It happens when the truck is in Drive, but while I am applying the