Q: Fuel gauge is not working and stays on empty.

When not started both tanks read 1/4. When started reads empty. What can the be issue and how can i fix it. Thanks

A: The false empty reading on your dashboard c...

The false empty reading on your dashboard can be caused by several different components. One of which is the fuel modules themselves. If they both have failed, it is likely do to an electrical power or data connection feeding into them. If the signal has gotten cut off after the floats, it would cause the same symptoms. You can test the signal being sent from the fuel modules, and see if the sending units or sensors have failed. The mechanical floats can also fail, sending the signal you are receiving. Even the gauge itself can fail. This is less likely. The other components work harder and are more prone to failure than the gauge. If the mechanical floats have failed, you will need to replace the entire fuel module.