Q: My headlights are not working correctly - 1996 Chevrolet Blazer

my low beams won't come on when i start the car instead the high beams do. all the switches seam to work fine and all other lights come on and work just fine. every now and than the low beam come on and the light on the dash comes on and i turn the high beams off and everything seam to be okay but than like a minute later the low's just turn off and the high beams come on automatically. i change the headlight and the bulbs and it didn't help. oh and i can't switch the high beams off when they are on. the light switch will just turn on all the other lights only.

Hi there. Most of the time this is caused by a bad headlamp switch. When the switch fails, it will cause this to occur. If the switch is fine, then it may have an issue with the headlamp relay. I typically take my voltage meter and test the circuit starting at the headlamps until I find where the voltage is being lost.

If you want to have your headlamps fixed, consider having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to inspect the headlights and suggest any necessary repairs.

3. My headlights are not working correctly - 1996 Chevrolet Blazer