Q: Engine idle and cruise control actuator.

I own a 2007 Ford Taurus. Two things. One, the engine idles high. Somewhere between 800rpm and 1000rpm. Two, the actuator on the cruise control dislodges causing the rpm to rev higher thus increasing the speed to increase while the car is in drive.

What is causing the high engine idle? And what is the cost of replacing the actuator on the cruise control be?

Hello, The high engine idle may be caused by a vacuum leak (presumably you would have a check engine light and the engine would run rough) or the throttle plate may need to be adjusted slightly to reduce the amount of air coming into the intake. The other possibility may be a dirty or faulty idle air control valve. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Engine idle and cruise control actuator.