Q: can you replace the 700r4 with the turbo 400?

My transmission went out i currently have a 700r4 on the truck. However i have a brand new 400 turbo transmission. I would like to know if i can replace it with the 400? Are there issues with the driveshaft or transmission housing?

The turbo 400 was used on a lot of trucks with the 5.7 engine and should be bolted up if it came out of an engine with a 5.7 or 5.0 engine. As far as the drive shaft and length of it, or the splines on the output shaft, you will have to measure total transmission front to back and see if they are the same or within a 1/2 inch. The splines would need to be checked with the driveshaft.

As far as the shift linkage and transmission cooler lines, I am not sure what modifications would need to be done to make that fit without seeing the system and part in person. If you need further help, you may want to enlist a certified mechanic who can inspect the car firsthand to determine whether these modifications are feasible.