Q: Anti-theft device for ignition will not allow the engine to run, and the security light is on.

The engine will start and run for a minute and then shut off. the fuel pressure remains good. I had a computer check done and it showed a module for the anti theft protection was bad but the mechanic says there is none available anywhere. I need to know if there is a solution to this problem.

My truck has 200000 miles.
My truck has an automatic transmission.

Hi there. You could remove the battery cables for 13 minutes and then put them back on. This will clear out the computer and have it relearn itself. Now if the light still comes on, then the security controller will need to be replaced or the immobilizer chip could be damaged in your key. If you need further assistance with your security system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.