Q: It cranks over like it wants to start but it won't.

When I got my 05 Ascender back after it it was stolen the ignition was pulled out & I assume it had been in a slight fender bender because there is a small dent in the front bumper. I replaced the ignition it will crank & try to start but won't, I checked the fuel line & it has no compression. I was told that the fuel system will shut down due to both fender bender & anti theft. Is there a reset switch for the fuel line?

Hi there. Under the passenger seat or in a panel on the dash there is an inertia switch that will cut off the fuel in the event there is an accident. Locate the inertia switch and see if its active. The switch looks like a relay with a yellow button on it. If the switch is active, turn the switch off and see if the vehicle will start. If the vehicle will not start, then either there is still a wire broken on the dash or the anti-theft system could be active when you hooked up the wiring. If you need further assistance with your vehicle not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. It cranks over like it wants to start but it won't.