Q: Car starting problems getting worse. Tried to fix by replacing the fuel filter.

My car had intermittent starting issues after driving for 30 minutes to 1 hour. It would start, but not turn over. Sometimes it would die while idling or at a stop, and not start for 15 to 30 minutes. As time went on the wait got longer. I had the car tuned up, but that didn't help. A family member replaced the fuel filter, but they didn't put it on correctly, so it leaks.

It sounds like you may have a fuel pump issue. Often times the fuel pump will operate until the pump motor gets warm and then it will loose contact inside. once it cools down then it will make contact again and operate until it gets warm again. I would ask for help from a mechanic to check your fuel pump and fix your fuel leak so your vehicle will be 100% operational again.

3. Car starting problems getting worse. Tried to fix by replacing the fuel filter.