Q: Stalls when turning or at a stop

My car stalls when I'm backing up marking a turn or at a stop sign.

Hi there. The first step is to check for any problem codes stored by engine management. This can save a lot of time money when diagnosing drive-ability problems. Most auto parts stores will do this for free. Several problems could cause the stalling you are experiencing - a dirty idle air control valve, dirty throttle body, air leak in the intake (loose or split hose, EGR valve not closing), or leaking or dirty fuel injectors, or other fuel supply issues (clogged filter, weak fuel pump, malfunctioning fuel pressure regulator). If you would like to get a more precise diagnosis, have a certified professional, like one from YourMechanic, inspect your car’s stalling problem in person so that this can be corrected properly.

3. Stalls when turning or at a stop