Q: How much does it normally cst to rebuild a N54 engine? BMW 335i

asked by on November 14, 2017

Trying to find out how much is normally cost to rebuild a N54 engine? I am trying to see if it is cheaper to do a motor swap

As you may know, the cost to rebuild a motor may vary widely due to the many options available and potential supply of parts or the damage done to your existing motor. Typically, you can find long blocks for this motor available for anywhere between around $800 to $2,000. Beyond that, you may need to swap out some additional parts that may or may not have come with the motor such as timing chain, sprockets, gears, gaskets, etc. I would suggest looking through various BMW forums online which are loaded with information on motor swaps and rebuild tips.