My car shakes very bad whenever I'm accelerating or drivi...

Q: My car shakes very bad whenever I'm accelerating or driving uphill...Could it be a motor mount or transmission issue?

asked by on February 09, 2017

Whenever I need to accelerate my car shakes very badly

Motor and transaxle mounts, or an engine operating condition such as misfiring, are likely causes. A fault in the transmission is a less likely cause of the shaking that you are describing. Motor mounts fail due to separation or tearing of the rubber isolation components and/or failure of the internal hydraulic component if the mount is of the hydraulic type. Premature failure of mounts can occur due to abrupt acceleration occurring over a long period of time. Also, oil saturation of the rubber, from engine oil leaks, will cause early mount failure. To have this issue investigated and resolved, the recommended service is inspection/replacement of the motor mounts. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.