Q: Why is my 1997 Nissan Maxima bogging down and stalling.

My 97 maxima has started doing something very strange lately ill be at a light getting ready to accelerate but my car bogs down and shuts straight off it will start back up and let me drive off like nothing happen sometimes when it bogs down the car restarts itself on its own what is causeing this things that been replaced spark plugs fuel filter air filter fuel inject cleaning as i was in stand still traffic today it kept dieing every tine i try to accelerate finally it just didnt do it again and drove fine there is some days were it doesn't shut or show a problem at all it randomly happens i dont get it

Hi there. Though there are a lot of reasons that will cause this most of the time on this vehicle it is due to a failing crank or cam sensor. both are common failures. I usually start by scanning the computer for codes to see if the computer is registering anything and then monitoring the sensors signals to see what may be failing. If nothing is found at that time then I test the fuel pressure to see if there is a drop in pressure causing this. If you are thinking of having this issue looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the car is stalling] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-stalling-inspection

3. Why is my 1997 Nissan Maxima bogging down and stalling.