Q: Bad u-joint making noise.

The passenger's side front end is making a loud noise. It rattles and thumps when I am driving slow. It is resonating from the wheel well or axle. I'm not sure what is is. Could possibly be a bad u-joint.

Hello. As a Jeep ages, many of the front end parts can wear out and become loose. From the description of the noise it sounds like you either have a worn out front shock or you may have a bad joint in the axle. Start with a visual inspection of the shock. If the shock has a lot of oil around it then it is more than likely failing. If it looks fine then a more in depth inspection of the front end needs to be done. A certified mechanic would put the vehicle on a rack and look for work out rubber bushings and move the passenger side wheel forward and backwards and see if there is and clunking or free play in the axle. You should enlist the help of a certified mechanic, like one from YouMechanic, that has the experience to do this.

3. Bad u-joint making noise.