Q: Where is the camshaft position sensor located on a 2011 Kia Optima EX GDI

Where would the camshaft position sensor be located on my engine?

Hi there - the camshaft position sensor is located on the drive-side end of the top of the engine on your vehicle. It is a round black plastic housing - golf-ball size - attached to the engine with one bolt, and a short wiring harness. If you have a problem code (Check Engine light) indicating this is the problem, and need assistance with this repair, I recommend a camshaft position sensor replacement by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Where is the camshaft position sensor located on a 2011 Kia Optima EX GDI