Q: Where is the camshaft position sensor located on a 2011 Kia Optima EX GDI

Where would the camshaft position sensor be located on my engine?

Hi there - the camshaft position sensor is located on the drive-side end of the top of the engine on your vehicle. It is a round black plastic housing - golf-ball size - attached to the engine with one bolt, and a short wiring harness. If you have a problem code (Check Engine light) indicating this is the problem, and need assistance with this repair, I recommend a camshaft position sensor replacement by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Q: Where is the camshaft position sensor located on a 2011 Kia Optima EX GDI