Q: Do you have to remove the transmission on a 2003 Chevy Tracker with a 4 cyl. engine to replace the crankshaft position sensor?

asked by on November 07, 2016

do you have to remove the transmission to replace a crankshaft position sensor on a 2003 chevy tracker with a 4 cyl. engine

Hi there. The crankshaft sensor is mounted behind the engine flex plate flywheel. The transmission and the flex plate flywheel needs to be removed to replace the crankshaft sensor. If you need help with a crankshaft sensor replacement, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to perform this service.