Q: How do I check and refill the window washer fluid?

How do I check and refill the window washer fluid?

Window washer fluid helps keep your windshield clean and clear of debris. It ensures that your wipers are able to remove grime, dirt, dust, and even oil and other fluids that get onto the windshield from the road. Of course, you’ll need to make sure that the reservoir is full in order to use your washers. Here’s what you need to do:

1. Open the hood.

2. Locate the window washer fluid reservoir. It’s at the front of the passenger side, and is a white/translucent plastic bottle with a blue cap.

3. Check the level of fluid with the dipstick attached to the cap. If it’s low, add washer fluid and top it off.

Tip

Use actual window washer fluid – don’t use plain water, water and vinegar, or engine antifreeze in your reservoir. Anything other than washer fluid can damage the reservoir, the pump motor and/or the lines.