Q: Honda Civic blowing cold air at idle and making noise when braking

When I'm stopped my hot air starts blowing cold. 2 weeks ago a mobile mechanic checked radiator but no leaks and also filled it with fluid and it was okay. Reason for the mobile visit was because my the temperature gauge went all the way up to hot and I had to stop and get the car towed. Now its happening again. Also when I press breaks it sounds like water is pouring, my fiance said its metal on metal. Mechanic said it may be the head gasket. Other posts I've read with similiar issues said cracked head gasket. I did rear end someone a month and a half ago so maybe that did it? What are my best options?

Claimed by Mia Bevacqua

3. Honda Civic blowing cold air at idle and making noise when braking