Q: Starter keeps spinning after Engine is on

Starter keeps spinning after car is on; I recently changed the starter thinking it was the selinoid. I turn the key to the ON position but do not crank the key to the start position and the car starts right up and starter keeps spinning but not grinding. What could it be?

It is possible that there could be an issue with your ignition switch. If the ignition switch is stuck in the start position even after the engine has been started, this can cause the starter to continue turning with the engine running. I would recommend having your ignition switch inspected by a qualified professional to determine the exact cause of this issue.

3. Starter keeps spinning after Engine is on