Q: rattle coming from passenger side front when idle

asked by on November 13, 2017

After I drive my car, when I am still in drive and have stopped, my car makes a rattle noise in the front of the car. You can hear it better when the air is off and you put your head down towards the passenger seat floor board. Sometimes it rattles, sometimes it doesn't. Reminds me of a big truck engine rumbling.

Listen to video here: https://youtu.be/VSY_uNeSM0I

Hi Mercedes. Thanks for contacting us today. Although the audio was hard to hear in the video, it sounds a lot like a constant engine knocking noise. This is often caused by a serpentine belt pulley that is loose or damaged, engine noise caused by low oil levels, or perhaps a loose exhaust bracket. Since there are multiple possible sources, it’s probably best to have a professional mechanic complete an on-site inspection, so they can determine what repairs are needed.