Why does my Mazda Protege suddenly revs high upon start u...

Q: Why does my Mazda Protege suddenly revs high upon start up as if I were stepping on it?

My car read is really high as if I were stepping on the gas every time I started up this just started happening as of today out of nowhere I don’t know what the issue could be please help thanks

A high idle can be caused by a defective sensor or an engine vacuum leak. Have computer tested for codes and engine checked for vacuum leaks at PCV valve or other vacuum hoses and at intake manifold.