Q: Why does my Mazda Protege suddenly revs high upon start up as if I were stepping on it?

My car read is really high as if I were stepping on the gas every time I started up this just started happening as of today out of nowhere I don’t know what the issue could be please help thanks

A high idle can be caused by a defective sensor or an engine vacuum leak. Have computer tested for codes and engine checked for vacuum leaks at PCV valve or other vacuum hoses and at intake manifold.

3. Why does my Mazda Protege suddenly revs high upon start up as if I were stepping on it?