Q: I have a pulley going bad and I need to know what is happening.

The pulley between my altenator and AC compressor has been making a harsh noise as well as ejecting pieces of metal like rings and bearings. Along with this the truck has had an extremely rough idle.

Hi, thanks for writing in. The pulley bearing may be binding the engine and causing the rough idle problem. I recommend replacing the pulley and bearing then recheck the idle to see if running better or needs additional diagnosis. If you would like additional help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.