Q: My car will not start. Replaced battery and starter

My car would not start. It kept blowing the ignition fuse. I replaced the fuse with a higher amperage so now it turns over but it sounded weak so I replaced the starter and it still sounds the same

Hi, thanks for writing in. It is possible that your ignition switch may have failed. An electrical fault with the ignition switch could cause a fuse to pop. It is not recommended to replace a fuse with a higher amperage fuse. If a fuse blows, there is another reason for this occurrence other than just a bad fuse. Replacing a fuse with one of a higher amperage could cause the wires in your vehicle to catch fire. I would recommend having your ignition switch tested to determine if it requires replacement. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect this for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. My car will not start. Replaced battery and starter