Q: Chemical odor in the car - 2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK350

There is a very strong chemical type of smell in the car. It is noticeable only sporadically, so when I went to the dealership, they couldn't diagnose what was going on. It is sometimes unbearable. What could be wrong?

Hot engine coolant, possibly leaking in the passenger compartment via the heater core, or a heater control valve, may be the source of this unpleasant smell. It doesn’t take much of a leak (a few drops will do) to create the smell. A YourMechanic professional can diagnose this possible coolant leak and make all necessary repairs at your home or office.

3. Chemical odor in the car - 2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK350