Q: I've got a P0507 code, what can I do?

I've got a high idle with check engine the carburetor one of the sensors still have high idle.

Hi there. It sounds like the idle air control valve is stuck at the high idle position. The idle air control valve is located on the throttle body assembly and allows air to bypass the throttle plate to control the idle speed. Over time, this valve can develop a buildup of contamination or simply wear out. You can try cleaning the valve and throttle body with an appropriate cleaner and see if the idle operation resumes back to normal; test high idle by turning on the ac or turning the steering wheel to full lock as this will send the signal to request a higher idle speed to accommodate the loads. However, the idle air valve may need to be replaced or there may be a wire harness or ECM fault. Having a qualified technician perform an inspection can avoid replacing unnecessary parts. YourMechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a high idle speed inspection if you would like further help resolving this.