Q: My 05 base model Kia Rio ran out of gas and wont start.

So i ran out of gas after barely making it to my destination. Since then i put in a new battery, pulled the fuel filter and fuel pump together and inspected it and put it back. It wouldnt start upwith starting fluid but came close. When the key is at the on position i can hear the fuel pump. So im wondering what is the problem and is it possibleb that the fuel pump or filter arent the problem at all. They are original parts. And i put in about three gallons of gas. I thought that might be imortant to mention

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. It does sound like the fuel pump may have experienced a failure from running out of gas; it does happen. You mentioned that you removed the pump and inspected it; what test was performed? A fuel pressure test would definitely tell us if the pump or the lines to the engine are the concern. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several technicians available that can assist you with a no start inspection.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr