Q: P0013 code

I took my car in for oil change on Tuesday. Wednesday afternoon my check engine light came on. I stop by Auto Zone and the code was P0013 was the code is it safe to drive until I take it to get looked at

A: Hello. A code p0013 stands for the variable...

Hello. A code p0013 stands for the variable camshaft timing solenoid voltage being out of range. This could mean low or high voltage. The variable camshaft timing is measured by a senor who’s input is uses constantly by the engine module. If this voltage falls out of range the vehicle will set the light letting you know an issue has been detected. The VCT sensor can have issues itself and need to be replaced at that point. The circuit may also have a short somewhere that is causing the rise or shortage of voltage. In the mean time, until further testing can be done, the vehicle should not be an issue to drive. If the vehicle starts to show other signs of distress, you will want to reevaluate that.