Q: Opinion about a 2004 Mazda 3 with manual transmission

I've recently got a 2004 Mazda 3 with a manual transmission and 127,000 miles. What should I look for to change? Was it a good choice for a first car?

A: It’s a 12-year-old car. I’m assuming you di...

It’s a 12-year-old car. I’m assuming you didn’t pay too much for it. It can be a good first car. I’m a Toyota man myself. I’m not a big fan of Mazda, because their automatic transmissions are not the best, but you’ve got a manual.

I’ve got customers with Mazda’s with manual transmissions that have had around 2-300,000 miles and they still run okay. Be sure to change your oil and air filter regularly, and never overheat the engine. Take it in for regular maintenance, and you never know, it might last you sometime.