Q: Car hiccups or slight jerks at steady rpm

asked by on June 04, 2017

Hello I'm john today i was driving my BMW 335i 2007 on the highway going at 80 mph at a steady 3rpm and out of no were it start hiccup or slight jerk. I was thinking it could be my fuel injectors cause my engine has 156000 miles but who knows

Engine is sputtering Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Ignition failures are more common on your car than fuel injector failures, and the mileage would be about right for coil failures. It takes several subsequent misfires for you to be able to notice it on the road, so if it happens again you should see a check engine light. When that occurs, there will be some trouble codes stored to help in the diagnosis of the problem. It can be tricky to diagnose a tempermental problem, so if you want some help with this you can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office to check out your BMW and let you know what it’s going to take to solve your problem.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr