Q: I took my BMW z3 in to the shop to get an oil change. When I picked it up the engine light was on. The car is running great though

asked by on July 16, 2016

The car is running great but the engine light is on.

The oil change process is generally a very simple one, but it does involve moving panels and some shops do a brief inspection on the vehicle as well. It is not likely that the Check Engine Light coming on is directly connected to the oil change service, but there is a chance something may have been bumped during the process. You should return to the shop, inform them of the concern and ask if they will at least scan the vehicle to see what code has popped up and what steps should be taken to correct the fault.