Q: Jerking while driving..? 1997 Grand Jeep Cherokee

As i am driving either around 45+ on flat road, or going 45+ up a hill, the jeep jerks back a little bit repeatedly.. rpms move slightly.. also just had my motor replaced for a knocking.

Hi there - the fact that the vehicle has this stumbling problem at the same speed (more or less) repeatedly suggests things that are dependent on that speed. These include the torque converter locking up (or trying to), or a worn spot on the throttle position sensor - quite common at speeds you drive at most often. I recommend a power surge inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

The a/c compressor may be cycling too fast if the system is on when the surge is happening. If the a/c can be turned off and the surge goes away then have the a/c system checked for being low on refrigerant.

3. Jerking while driving..? 1997 Grand Jeep Cherokee