Q: Emblem on steering wheel comes off, exposing airbag

There is an emblem on the center of my steering wheel and it keeps coming off and I can see the airbag when it’s off. I continually keep putting the piece back in place, always hoping that the airbag will not deploy. The emblem piece will not stay in. I will have to drive 90 miles to the nearest dealership, so I called them first. They will have to keep the car to determine if just the emblem will have to be replaced or if they will have to replace the whole steering wheel. I am wondering if it is safe to drive when the air bag is exposed in this open area. What do you advise that I do to have this fixed?

A: Hey there. I would recommend not trying to ...

Hey there. I would recommend not trying to reconnect the emblem and wait until you get to the dealer to have them fix to replace it. Keep emblem in your glove box. The air bag should not be affected at all except that you see it.