Q: What does the ABS light on the dash mean?

What does the ABS light on the dash mean?

A: The anti-lock brake (ABS) indicator light o...

The anti-lock brake (ABS) indicator light on your dash should come on during the system’s self-check when you start the engine, but should go out shortly afterward. If the light comes on again later or stays on, it’s a sign that there’s a problem with the system.

If the light comes on, it means that ABS is no longer functioning (it’s been turned off).

• You will still have all normal braking capabilities, but your antilock system will not work.

• Your system needs immediate service in this instance.

• If both the ABS and Brake lights in your dash come on, it might mean that the electronic brake distribution system is also turned off.