Q: What does the ABS light on the dash mean?

What does the ABS light on the dash mean?

The anti-lock brake (ABS) indicator light on your dash should come on during the system’s self-check when you start the engine, but should go out shortly afterward. If the light comes on again later or stays on, it’s a sign that there’s a problem with the system.

If the light comes on, it means that ABS is no longer functioning (it’s been turned off).

• You will still have all normal braking capabilities, but your antilock system will not work.

• Your system needs immediate service in this instance.

• If both the ABS and Brake lights in your dash come on, it might mean that the electronic brake distribution system is also turned off.

3. What does the ABS light on the dash mean?