Q: My truck keeps giving me the cylinder #8 misfire code

asked by on November 09, 2016

I have a 1997 chevy k1500 it has the 5.7 vortec in it i recently replaced the injectors the fuel filter and the fuel pump. I also replace the distributer cap and rotor. The problem i am having is it keeps giving me the fault code for miss fire on cylinder #8 im really not sure what to do now. The truck still runs pretty good but the check engine light flashes and gives me that code.

Ignition Cable (Spark plug wires) Replacement $108.29 - $457.90 Get a Quote
Spark Plugs Replacement $96.63 - $636.71 Get a Quote
Oil is leaking into spark plug well Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Engine is misfiring Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. A continuing misfire on #8 suggests a bad plug wire, a bad spark plug, or possibly oil leaking down onto the #8 plug, shorting it out. Also, if one plug wire is bad, replace them all. Given your mileage, you should be looking at the plugs also. To have this resolved, I recommend having a certified professional, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the misfire in person to have this corrected.