Q: Idle is running high when driven. I put it in neutral and it idles at 2300 rpms. Just had a cold air intake put in and throttle cleaned

asked by on November 10, 2016

Throttle is 2300 rpm when in neutral while driven. It seems to be running higher than normal put a cold air intake on it and the throttle body was cleaned

Throttle Controller Replacement $226.78 - $1710.92 Get a Quote
Engine idle speed is high Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Assuming your vehicle has ETC (electronic throttle control), "drive-by-wire" problems can develop when cleaning is performed. Manually opening the throttle plate may have affected the close position. An idle relearn performed with a capable scanner may resolve the issue. If the Check Engine Light is on, this may help direct the diagnosis. A vacuum leak may also create a higher than expected idle. I recommend having the vehicle’s high idle diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.