Q: Battery saver system car won't turn and battery good and starter. Whole dash illuminates when I turn key though, no alter

asked by on May 11, 2017

Service Battery saver system unit? car won't turn over and battery good and starter. Whole dash illuminates when I turn key though, so couldn't be alternator. I don't know where else to look. Yesterday it felt like my car wasnt receiving enough power as i pushed on the break. It took around 7-10 sec for me to get up enough power to go the appropriate mph's. Went to AutoZone, they charged battery. Battery was put in wrong, a couple sparks, horn belated every time I connected it. Realized it was I wing flipped it around, now I'm encountering what I mentioned first.

Have the battery load tested in case it was short circuited. Reverse polarity, at the battery, in a 12 volt electrical system on a car can cause a variety of effects including damaging the alternator, diodes and the numerous microprocessors on a vehicle such as those in the powertrain control module (PCM). There are fuses, fusible links, circuit breakers, and many electronic components in many circuits that could have failed due to the reverse polarity. Inasmuch as the vehicle does not start, the simplest thing to do is diagnose the starting circuit first as, in the course of that diagnosis, other fundamental failures (for example if the PCM was fried) will come into view. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an electrical diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.