Q: Check engine light comes on and engine stalls but starts right back up. Upon restart the check engine light is off with no problems.

light was coming on upon hitting passing gear. replaced throttle positioning sensor. ran fine for about 200 miles with lots of passing gear use. then light came on again and car died. started right back up, light was still on, drove a few hundred feet and it died again. parked for the night and started in morning, no light and seemed fine.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. It seems that there could be a loose wire or loose ground to the transmission sensors. First you will need to get a scanner and scan for any codes that are pending or stored in the ECM (computer). This will give you a location to start that is causing the engine to stall out. If you get the code P1684, then check the battery cables to see if they are loose or corroded. The code P1684 means that there has been a loss of electrical power to the ECM (power). If you need further assistance with your vehicle stalling intermittent, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.