Q: can i use synthetic oil on a 2005 suzuki aerio?

asked by on July 03, 2017

every single mechanic here tells me that synthetic oil will ruin my old engine, i need advice

The truth couldn’t be more opposite to what you were told. In fact synthetic oil is so good, Suzuki promotes its own brand of synthetic oil for use in Suzuki motor vehicles. Synthetic oil is highly preferred in all motor vehicles engines and it is indeed likely that eventually conventional oil will no longer be produced due to the overwhelming technical advantages of synthetic oil. With regard to Suzuki’s branded synthetic oils, they do not appear to presently vend a 5W-30 viscosity oil in the U.S. You can use Suzuki’s 10W-30 synthetic oil but 5W-30 is preferred for your car so what you can do is simply use any brand name synthetic 5W-30 oil that is available here in the states. Examples include Amsoil, which specifically markets ONLY synthetic oil for your specific vehicle (year, make and model), Mobil 1 and so forth. The bottom line is there is absolutely no basis whatsoever for any claim that synthetic motor oil could have a damaging effect in your engine. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.