Q: bogs down with heavy acceleration no codes all sensors read normal fuel pressure is ok.

My husband An ase certified tech scanned the car no codes. All sensors reading normal. Fuel pressure stays consistent at 42lbs. Checked cat it's clean. When driving normal it's fine. When in heavy acceleration it bogs down. When you release the peddle and accelerat normal its fine. Any suggestions?

This sounds like a very tricky problem to diagnose. Did you check the fuel pressure with the fuel pressure regulator disconnected? Perhaps there isn’t enough fuel pressure at full throttle, or the fuel pressure regulator leaks and floods it out at full throttle. It could also have an injector that’s sticking open. There could be a problem with the throttle body or the throttle position sensor. There is also a chance that the ECM has failed causing a flooding issue, or there is a bad ground wire for the ECM or ignition system. The only way to know for sure would be to use a more advanced scan tool and watch all the live data values while driving the car, to see whats going on with the car. You could call an independent technician, like one from YourMechanic, who can come by with a capable scan tool and help diagnose the acceleration issue you’re having.

3. bogs down with heavy acceleration no codes all sensors read normal fuel pressure is ok.