Q: Tcs on all time consumes more petrol??

asked by on November 23, 2016

Tcs system when it is on all time it consumes more petrol ??

Traction Control Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there:

The traction control system uses wheel speed sensors to detect when one or more of the car’s wheels lose grip and traction. When the system registers a loss of traction in one or more of the wheels, a computer will limit power to the wheels that are still in solid contact with the road to prevent a skid. If it’s actually activate at all times, it can cause excessive drag on the engine and driveline components; which in theory, might negatively impact fuel efficiency. However, this is incredibly rare. You might want to have a local mechanic complete a traction control light is on inspection; to verify why the light is frequently active.