Q: I have a severe engine coolant leak

asked by on October 15, 2016

I have a engine coolant leak but I'm not sure where the leak is coming from 1 gallon of water only last about 30 minutes I'm assuming the leak is high on the engine Because by the time it gets to the undercarriage it's dripping from 5 to 6 different places and I'm not sure where the leak is coming from I've replace the heater hoses and tried many different coolant system sealants blown head gasket sealants cracked block sealant and nothing seems to be working someone told me today that it may be my water pump but I'm not completely sure and was wondering what an expert's opinion was 1 gallon of water only last about 30 minutes and then I have to add more the temperature gauge fluctuates and goes from normal too hot and then back to normal but just recently it has been stuck on hot it also dies at stop lights and stop signs after I drove it 4 at least 20 minutes

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, the overheating issue needs to be fix as soon as possible, the vehicle should not be operated or you can damage the engine. An overall inspection of coolant system components needs to be done. Some visuals may have to be done underneath the vehicle. Any sealants I would not recommend adding to system. There is a test that can be done to locate leaks. The use of a special tool will pressurize the coolant system safely without the engine operating, by performing this you are able to locate the leak. If you’d like, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to inspect for the coolant leak, and diagnose the overheating issue.