Q: Driver and passenger air bag light stays on.

asked by on December 01, 2016

I would like to turn these lights off as they are getting to be very annoying. Can you help me?

Hello. Thanks for writing in. The airbag warning lights can come on for a number of reasons. The list is extensive, and due to the fact both air bags are being affected the issue is likely related to the main circuitry. The diagnostic troubleshooting code(s) in which triggered the light will be able to tell you what the problem is. Have the vehicle scanned by a technician, or at your local parts stores. Use these codes to determine what the issue is and how to resolve it. Please remember that airbags can cause a lot of damage when they engage. They and their wires are sensitive to static electricity and the systems should be handled with care. If working on them from home, you should have a manual or guide. Start by having the vehicle scanned, as the issue may not be very serious.