Q: Difficult to fuel car.

When fueling car, the gas pump kicks off indicating full when it isn't, no matter how slowly I squeeze the pump handle.

This is likely due to a failing purge valve solenoid in your evaporative emissions system. The EVAP system prevents fuel vapors from the fuel tank from escaping into the atmosphere. The EVAP system collects and temporarily stores the fuel vapors in the charcoal canister. The charcoal canister is filled with activated carbon pellets that can absorb the fuel vapors. When the engine is running, the fuel vapors are purged from the canister and burned in the engine. The vent control valve (solenoid) controls the flow of outside air in and out of the charcoal canister. When this vent valve is not working properly, you may notice the fuel filling pump kicks off early as you have described. This is due to the fact that the vent valve is not able to properly release the fuel vapors inside the tank. The fuel pumps at gas stations have automatic pressure sensors that will kick the fuel pump off when too many gas fumes are present. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your emissions system.

3. Difficult to fuel car.