Q: I have 2006 nissan altima 2.5 that keeps on burning my stater

asked by on December 24, 2016

I have 2006 nissan altima 2.5 that keeps on burning my staters

Hi there. There are a few reasons as to why the starter will fail prematurely on your car. Most of the time it is caused by a failing crankshaft position sensor. When the sensor fails and reads incorrectly it can cause the ignition timing to be slightly off at start up which puts extra stress on the starter. It can also be caused by a failing starter relay if it is not disengaging the starter right away. Both would be very hard to diagnose. You should get assistance from a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, that can come to you to [diagnose why the starter keeps failing] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/starter-replacement