Q: My issue is my car will not shift properly. And accelerates slowly.

When I drive my car it accelerates very slowly and it seems like it does not want to shift into the next gear the RPM's race up to about 3 and will not shift until it goes up as high as it can seems like the transmission is having trouble catching up and shifting into the next gear to accelerate speed. Also my car will not go over 50 miles per hour

A: It sounds like the problem is in the transm...

It sounds like the problem is in the transmission seals. They are either leaking or have a bad apply plate seal on one or more of the clutches inside the transmission. You should have the transmission scanned and pressure tested to confirm any internal leaks of seals or clutch packs. The transmission will most likely need to be overhauled or replaced. If you'd like a second opinion on this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can diagnose your loss of power and shifting issue firsthand.