Q: Stalling at 2500 to 3000 rpm and dying, idles fine - 1990 Nissan 300ZX

I have a 1990 300zx 2+0 and the car idles with no problems but when I get around 2500 to 3000 rpms the car starts hesitating bad and the rpm gauge starts jumping back and forth and sometimes the car dies when this happens but if I keep increasing power there are no problems. I've checked the TPS, fuel pump, relays, fuses, air filter, fuel filter and spark plugs (new), replaced the full pressure regulator, and all coils are firing, I can't think of what else to check, oh and no check engine light on. Please help

Hello! I would check the mass air flow sensor output signal. Measure the voltage with the key on at idle, increasing rpm, and then when it starts to run bad. Compare this voltage to specs. If you need help with this, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the stalling issue and let you know how to proceed with repair.

• Stalling at 2500 to 3000 rpm and dying, idles fine - 1990 Nissan 300ZX