Q: Radiator cap needs replacing.

My vehicle is overheating. It might need a new radiator cap.

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If you have a white residue building up just below the cap and you have to add coolant frequently, this could be the issue. The cooling system and cap need to be pressure tested to ensure the system is not not leaking. The waterpump needs to checked to ensure it is circulating coolant. The system needs to be filled and bled to ensure proper cooling system circulation. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to pressure test and carry out a cooling system performance test.