Q: My car loses power then won't go over 20 mph its a 05 pontonic grand prix

asked by on August 10, 2017

My car will say reduce engine power and then die then I get started again and the rpm won't go above three then I turn it off and it will go but won't go over 20 mph and it will start sputtering

Reduced Power light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi April. The Reduced Power light usually indicates a fairly serious problem with the throttle system. When this light illuminates the vehicle will often go into a “safe mode”, which will severely limit the speed of the car and in some cases will render the vehicle un-drivable. Since the Reduced Power light can trigger for a number of different reasons, tracking down the exact cause is extremely important, if the vehicle is not properly diagnosed and repaired, the Reduced Power light will trigger again, putting the vehicle in safe mode. The best way to determine what is causing this issue is to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a reduced power light inspection.